This free 30-minute presentation reviews:
- Basic ICD-10 concepts for laterality, eyelids, lacrimal glands, the placeholder code, occurrence codes, and sequelas.
- Refraction codes for myopia, hyperopia, presbyopia, anisometropia, aniseikonia, ophthalmoplegia, and astigmatism.
- Routine Eye Exam codes
- Review of GEMS: The General Equivalence Mapping (from ICD-9 to ICD-10)
- Common signs and symptoms including: floaters, halos, blurred vision, red eyes, eye pain, nausea, and hypertension.
- Headaches and diabetes codes (no manifestations)
- History codes (diabetes, glaucoma, other eye)
- Screening codes for long-term use of a high-risk drug (Plaquenil)
- Family History and Status Codes.
Please pass this information to your friends. The videos and the PDF version of the slides are free. Click on the link below to download a PDF version of the 34 PowerPoint Slides.
The narrated version is now on YouTube:
This is the same format as the EyeCodingForum’s six-hour, comprehensive ICD-10 Training program for Optometry and Ophthalmology.
Instructor is Jeffrey Restuccio, CPC, CPC-H, MBA. Jeff has over 15 years of experience teaching coding and billing. Jeff has taught over 200 seminars on coding, billing, and documentation for Eyecare. He provides chart audits, operational reviews, and on-site training.
Originally posted: ICD-9 Coding for refraction Codes for Optometry and Ophthalmology …