The Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists (PAHCS) offers free ICD-10-CM training, materials and information to PAHCS members to assist providers and coders with a smooth transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM
and coders with a smooth transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM.
The National Director of PAHCS, Lee Browder, was quoted as saying “Professional coders will easily learn and adapt to the changes brought on by ICD-10-CM.”.
Tampa, FL (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
The nationally recognized Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists (PAHCS) headquartered in Tampa, Florida announces a free program designed to help providers and medical coders as they prepare for ICD-10-CM implementation on October 1, 2014.
The PAHCS ICD-10-CM program is a series of tutorials, webinars and material, available at no cost to PAHCS members, designed to help coders and providers understand and learn more about ICD-10-CM. Tutorials include terminology, documentation and implementation strategies.
As providers and coders prepare for ICD-10-CM PAHCS offer these thoughts:
1. ICD-10-CM codes are more specific so there are more codes and many codes will require better documentation to match the specificity of the code.
2. Coders should brush up on anatomy and physiology for their specialty.
3. The ICD-10-CM numbering system can be learned in minutes and it’s easy to use.
4. Do some preparation each quarter. PAHCS recommends learning and using the new documentation requirements for common codes your practice now uses.
6. PAHCS will not require a special competency exam for ICD-10-CM. The National
Director of PAHCS, Lee Browder, was quoted as saying “Professional coders will easily learn and adapt to the changes brought on by ICD-10-CM.”.
Find out more about PAHCS and our specialty certification programs by visiting us on line.
TM Certification Exam” or “Certified ICD-10 Consultant TM Certification Exam”)
4. Schedule a date and location for your exam (your exam date may be rescheduled to a date of your convenience without any penalty or fees at least three days prior to the scheduled date)
5. Make the payment through your credit card
Certified Coders and Billers (CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CCS, CCS-P, CCA, RMC, CMBS, CMRS, CBCS, RHIA, RHIT), please firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll for free online training and membership after you have completed purchasing this exam. You will receive your Membership and Training account details within 24 hours of your transaction being completed. It is your responsibility to contact ICD-10 Coders Academy any time within the next 18 months to schedule your certification exam.
How to Enroll
• Online: Complete the order by going to the checkout page. Upon submitting your order, you will be emailed further instructions via email.
• Fax/Email: download the enrollment form, and download the student handbook
Submit the enrollment form & handbook via fax to 678-669-2483 ATTN: “Enrollment”, or email directly to email@example.com.